Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 never got the official Android 4.0 ICS software update, but look what do we have here, Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (CM10) is already being ported for this Android phone with almost all the features working fine on the small screen.
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy Mini S5570 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (CM10) custom firmware using CWM recovery. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware.
|Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570|
Disclaimer: All the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. We (Androidica) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial.
What doesn’t work:
- Proximity, magnetic, orientation sensors
- HQ video playback
- Voice search
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Mini to connect it with the computer.Download Samsung Galaxy Mini USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
1. You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC.
2. Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently.
3. Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below on how to backup data:
- Backup your SMS messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup .
- Backup WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings.
4. Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
How to Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (CM10) on Galaxy Mini S5570
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide on how to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Mini S5570. If you are used to installing custom ROMs on your Galaxy Mini, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Mini and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and read this tutorial once before you actually perform it on your device.
Just To Remember:
- This Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean is only for Galaxy Mini S5570 and I am not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Galaxy Mini on other carriers.
- Please make sure you have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- Make a Nandroid backup of your previous phone set up before proceeding – for just in case anything goes wrong.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Mini on your PC, if you haven’t already.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Mini USB memory on your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the Android 4.1.1 ROM zip file to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the SD card root.
Step 4 - Then turn off your phone.
Step 5 - Now to get in the recovery mode. Switch on the phone while pressing and holding the Menu + Power buttons.
Step 6 - Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
Step 7 - In ClockworkMod recovery, wipe data first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
Step 8 - Press the power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 9 -Now using your volume keys, navigate to Android 4.1.1 ROM zip file and select it using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.
Step 10 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Galaxy Mini now has Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean installed on the phone. Go to Settings >About phone to verify.
Have fun playing with it! If you have any issues, please fire them up in the comments below!